Thursday, July 3, 2008

ZaZaZoom

Ladies and gents…welcome to our blog! This blog is the culmination of Hilary and I’s attempt at observing the drastically different worlds we’ve come to occupy since leaving the halls and stalls of adolescence behind. While Hilary went off to school in Orange County, California (yes, the very place made famous by the not-so-hot-assed Miss Barton), I left for the not quite so glamorous Orange County, North Carolina. Who knew the two Oranges could be so different? (or so similar?) Moving on, we’ll also throw in a little ATL fun while home for the holidays. So, while the posts get rolling I’d like to gush about my new camera! Get ready for some pictures to accompany our mindless banter because I’ve got a whole 10.2 mega pixels to be utilized.

Might I point out that as this is our first summer of college, both Hilary and I returned home to our old stomping grounds of Atlanta to stir up some trouble. Unfortunately, I think we both failed to factor the inevitable job into the equation and have been dealing with balancing my 9to5 work week with her weekend/nighttime taste of the restaurant business. I think we’ve made it work (thanks Tim Gunn), and I know that as I currently sit in my cubicle, the state of my mentality and my aching legs are clear evidence of last night’s lack of moderation in both dancing and consumption. I think the crowd at MJQ last night proved that the club's name should probably stand for “Mostly Just Queers,” and that the said groups of gays make good for fabulous dance partners. Anyhow, I’m being summoned to do some slave (achem, I mean intern) tasks. Turn on, tune in, drop out kiddies!

No comments: