Monday, July 7, 2008

A Bicycle Built for Me

So I spent a decent amount of my day at work today researching bikes, as I’ve decided this will be my primary source of transportation during the approaching semester. If I wanted to sound like my “save the planet” self, I’d say I’m leaving my gas guzzler at home to conserve energy. BUT, I’ll also admit that bringing my car to school would mean I wouldn’t have the luxury of flying back and forth between Chapel Hill and Atlanta when I’m being summoned home. I’m not too keen on the idea of 6 hour road trips all on my own. I would rather suffer through hour long plane ride chat with an old veteran. I don’t need any sort of mountaineering or speed racing bicycle, but I would like something that catches my eye. I have been admiring the Electra series of bicycles for a while now, but only today have I discovered the vast array of possibilities! Feast your eyes…

This is the Electra Townie Balloon that I first saw in a bike shop. It's the bike that piqued my interest.





Further website snooping brought me to this beauty! (the Electra Amsterdam Classic) I can already envision my future rides alongside scenic canals.











@#$%&*$#@….THEN came the hearts. Need I say more? (the Electra Pajama Party Cruiser)



This bike reminds me of the pricey, yet exquisite, beach cruisers that Cynthia Rowley designed for her models to ride down the runway on during her Spring ’08 show. I couldn’t think of a better accessory!

Check out her runway worthy rarities here... http://www.cynthiarowley.com/exclusives/bicycle/bicycle.html

So, while my mind runs wild down the bike paths of my dreams, let’s get a little crazy and check out this bike that Karl Lagerfeld designed for Chanel.

and I thought I liked quilted purses...
I MUST HAVE IT NOW!

4 comments:

Beach Cruiser said...

What an amazing content is this and surely it makes realize each and everyone who read this.It is great to see such a post that reflect to all aspect of this topic at the same time by exact news.
Beach Cruiser

Anonymous said...

Very good information, thank you very much by the article and the quality of your Web site.
SEM

Anonymous said...

This wonderful beverage produces healthful antioxidants in the body.
tea cups

helena said...

Works as marketed and it is reasonably listed. The handle does tend not to become hot whether it’s left around the stove for very lengthy.

cuisinart